Objectives of the Archbishop Rummel High School Service Programs:
1. To introduce students to Christ’s imperative to serve one another in the spirit of the school’s mission statement, by fulfilling annual Christian service requirements.
2. To encompass the Lasallian heritage of faith, community, and service encouraging students to be leaders-leaders who serve others, leaders who care embodying the motto of Archbishop Rummel –“To give one’s life for the sheep.”
3. To allow students to understand the Lasallian definition of social justice – Loving people so much that we work to change the structures that violate their dignity.
4. To encourage Archbishop Rummel students to perform service because they want to and not merely fulfill a requirement.
5. To help students develop skills and talents to the best of their ability through service following the mission of the school and LaSallian tradition
6. To establish the Archbishop Rummel High School student body as a force in the assisting of those in need in the community and rebuilding the community by the range and quality of service opportunities offered.
During their high school career, students in this program will develop an orientation towards Christian service by gradually increasing commitments to various service options culminating in their senior year with a final opportunity to reflect on the success and impact their service projects. The hope is that students incorporate service as a core value in their lives and see it at the heart of what it means to be a leader in society.
Service Program Quick Links
Service Hour Requirements
8th: 20 Hours
9th: 20 Hours
10th: 25 Hours
11th: 40 Hours
12th: 25 Hours
Service Hour Deadlines
Service Proposal Form & First Essay
October 7, 2016
Service Report & Second Essay
12th: April 21, 2017
8th - 11th: April 25, 2017
Archbishop Rummel High School
1901 Severn Ave.
Metairie, LA 70001
Archbishop Rummel High School educates each student according to the principles of the Catholic Church in the Lasallian tradition of faith, community, and service. In a caring, disciplined environment of social awareness and academic excellence, Archbishop Rummel High School challenges each student to recognize the dignity of life and to develop and share, to the best of his ability, his unique talents.