SERVICE PROGRAM QUICK LINKS
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton needs volunteers for their Family Bingo night on Saturday, September 28th, 2019. Service hours available to any Raider bwho can come on over to Kenner and work a Family Bingo. Please contact Roxanne Valenti at 504-256-3747 if interested.
St. Mary Magdalen Parish's Fall Seafood Festival is offering service opportunities for all our students! Come help with set up Saturday, September 21 and Saturday, September 28. Work the booths Friday, Saturday, or Sunday October 4, 5, & 6.
See the attached flier for more details and for the permission slip. Click here.
The 2019 Tour de Cure & 5k at UNO Lakefront Arena will be on October 26th. I hope you are excited as we are about a fun-filled community event as well as an opportunity to promote awareness about diabetes and the American Diabetes Association. The event raises funds for research, advocacy, programs and education. We serve 500 kids in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge area with our free youth camps for children living with type 1 diabetes, and children living with or at-risk for type 2 diabetes. Almost $400,000 went towards Louisiana ADA-funded research in diabetes.
This year, the Tour de Cure has expanded to include a ride, run and a walk so even more volunteers are needed.
If you would like to volunteer, please sign-up using the following link to Sign-up.com:
Service Hour Requirements
8th: 20 Hours (10 hours with grammar school/church parish)
9th: 20 Hours (10 hours with grammar school/church parish)
10th: 25 Hours (12 hours with the elderly)
11th: 40 Hours (20 hours in hospitals with at-risk youth or special needs)
12th: 25 Hours (12 hours with homeless or rebuilding groups)
Service Hour Deadlines
12th: April 19, 2019
8th-11th: April 26, 2019
Objectives of the Archbishop Rummel High School Service Programs:
1. To introduce students to Christ’s imperative to serve one another in the spirit of the school’s mission statement, by fulfilling annual Christian service requirements.
2. To encompass the Lasallian heritage of faith, community, and service encouraging students to be leaders-leaders who serve others, leaders who care embodying the motto of Archbishop Rummel –“To give one’s life for the sheep.”
3. To allow students to understand the Lasallian definition of social justice – Loving people so much that we work to change the structures that violate their dignity.
4. To encourage Archbishop Rummel students to perform service because they want to and not merely fulfill a requirement.
5. To help students develop skills and talents to the best of their ability through service following the mission of the school and LaSallian tradition
6. To establish the Archbishop Rummel High School student body as a force in the assisting of those in need in the community and rebuilding the community by the range and quality of service opportunities offered.
During their high school career, students in this program will develop an orientation towards Christian service by gradually increasing commitments to various service options culminating in their senior year with a final opportunity to reflect on the success and impact their service projects. The hope is that students incorporate service as a core value in their lives and see it at the heart of what it means to be a leader in society.
Mr. David Basile
Service Program Coordinator
Service Program Coordinator
Archbishop Rummel High School
1901 Severn Ave.
Metairie, LA 70001
Archbishop Rummel High School educates each student according to the principles of the Catholic Church in the Lasallian tradition of faith, community, and service. In a caring, disciplined environment of social awareness and academic excellence, Archbishop Rummel High School challenges each student to recognize the dignity of life and to develop and share, to the best of his ability, his unique talents.
Archbishop Rummel High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, or disability in violation of state and federal law or regulation in administration of its educational policies or programs.